Salsa Chicken and Rice Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, chicken, salsa and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Cover; simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Top with cheese and tomato, if desired. Cover; let stand 5 minutes for cheese to melt.