Roasted Ratatouille with Chicken and Rice
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small unpeeled eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large unpeeled zucchini, cut in 1/4 -inch slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (6.9-oz.) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss vegetables, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Place in single layer on large roasting pan; bake 30-35 minutes, until vegetables are tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan on medium heat, melt margarine; saute rice-vermicelli mixture until vermicelli is golden. Stir in broth, chicken and Special Seasonings packet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon roasted vegetables into center of serving platter; spoon rice-chicken mixture around edges. Drizzle any juices from pan over top and sprinkle with cheese.