Risotto with Cooked Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup celery slices
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Add soup; blend well. Stir in chicken,