Quick Taco Salad
Recipe Yield: 5 Servings
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Tostitos® Brand Tortilla Chips
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2-1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in meat mixture, salsa and chili powder; bring back to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter. Top with rice mixture, tomato, cheese and tortilla chips.