Quick Jalapeno Cheddar Bean & Pasta Dinner
Recipe Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) Pasta-A-Roni® Jalapeno Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) no-salt added-or reduced-sodium pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (green part only)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons thinly sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Prepare Pasta-A-Roni according to package directions using reduced-fat milk.
- Add beans, tomatoes and corn to rice during standing time.
- After standing time, gently stir in onions and olives. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired.
- Calories 270, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 5g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A 703IU, Vitamin C 10mg, Calcium 120mg, Iron 2mg