Quick Fried Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6.2-ounce package RICE-A-RONI® Fried Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon margarine over medium heat.
- Combine eggs and green onions; add to skillet. Cover; cook about 2 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Loosen eggs from pan with spatula; slide onto plate. Set aside; keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine.
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni Mix as package directs, adding ginger with 1-3/4 cups hot water and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Cut reserved cooked egg mixture into 1-1/2 x 1/2-inch strips. Stir egg and ham into rice. Cover; continue to simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Calories 290, Calories from Fat 99, Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 1250mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g, Protein 12g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg