Quick Beef Bourguignonne
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (4.8 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Garlic Alfredo
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless sirloin or top round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups (8 ounces) halved or quartered crimini or white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots or chopped onions
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- Combine flour, thyme and pepper in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Add steak; shake to coat evenly with flour mixture.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add steak; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup water, broth and wine; bring to a boil. Add pasta, Special Seasonings, steak and carrots. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.