Pork and Rice Provencal
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 well-trimmed boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained or 1/3 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- Sprinkle pork chops with basil, thyme, garlic salt and pepper; set aside. In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add pork chops; cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn pork chops over and cook 3 minutes. Remove from skil
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix, onion and garlic with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 1-3/4 cups water, tomatoes and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add pork chops and olives. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender and pork chops are no longer pink inside.