Recipe Yield: 9 Servings
- 10.8-ounce package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken, cubed
- Raisins, Peanuts, Coconut, Chutney
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni Mix as package directs.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in margarine. Add apple, preserves, flour, curry powder, lemon juice and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor; puree. Return mixture to skillet; add chicken. Simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve over prepared rice mixture. Garnish with raisins, peanuts, coconut and chutney, if desired.
- Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg