Philly-Style Provolone Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 6.9 -ounce package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 pound chicken tenders, or boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper cut into strips
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces sliced Provolone cheese, cut into strips and divided
- SAUTE rice-vermicelli mix with margarine in large skillet on medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown.
- SLOWLY add 2 cups water and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil on high heat. Sprinkle chicken tenders with parsley and garlic. Place chicken on rice. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- STIR in peppers, mushrooms and one-third cheese strips. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Top with remaining Provolone cheese. Cover; let stand 3 minutes to melt cheese.