Philly Cheese Steak Skillet Supper
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 RICE-A-RONI® Beef flavor (6.8 oz package)
- 4 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 (7 oz) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend seasoning
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups pre-shredded 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
- Optional topping: 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine rice-pasta mix with 2 tablespoons margarine in a large skillet. Saute over medium heat until pasta is golden brown.
- Stir in water, roasted bell peppers, special seasonings and Italian herb seasoning. Cover, simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While rice mixture cooks, heat remaining 2 tablespoons margarine in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions until golden brown, about 12-13 minutes.
- Remove cover of rice mixture and stir in roast beef and onions. Top with cheese and optional topping if desired. Let sit 2-3 minutes to warm through and melt cheese.