Recipe Yield: 3 Servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- package (6.2 ounces) PASTA RONI® Shells & White Cheddar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto or 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- In 3-quart saucepan, combine 2 cups water and margarine. Bring just to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered 12 to 14 minutes or until most of water is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add milk, pesto and contents of seasoning packet; stir well. Continue to boil 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta is desired tenderness, stirring frequently. Stir in bacon and pine nuts before serving.
- Calories 570, Calories from Fat 342, Total Fat 38g, Saturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 1100mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg