Peppered Steak and Pasta
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless sirloin or top round steak (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (4.7-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 cups packed torn fresh spinach leaves or baby spinach leaves
- Preheat grill or broiler. Combine garlic, peppercorns and salt. Rub mixture over steak. Grill steak over medium coals or broil 4 to 5-inches from heat source for 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare steak.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water, milk, margarine, pasta and Special Seasonings just to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Gently boil uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until pasta is slightly firm, stirring frequently.
- Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute or until wilted. Remove from heat; let stand 3 minutes before serving. Carve steak into thin slices; serve over pasta.