Pasta Roni with Herbs, Sausage and Tomatoes
Recipe Yield: 5-6 Servings
- 1 (4.8-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 2/3 cup light cream (1/2 and 1/2)
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage - crumbling while cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute for 5 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the basil, tomatoes, chicken broth and cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Pasta Roni and special seasonings. Simmer uncovered 4 minutes, continuing to stir often.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 3 minutes.