Parmesan and Romano Rice Crab Cakes Al Limone
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (5 oz.) Rice-A-Roni® Rustic Recipes™ Parmesan & Romano Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) crab meat (drained and lightly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, optional
- In small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare Rustic Recipes Parmesan & Romano Cheese Rice-A-Roni according to package directions through Step 3, then stir in crab meat and dill. Refrigerate covered about 30 minutes to cool and firm mixture.
- Using 1/4-cup measure, shape crab mixture into 12 balls. Roll each crab cake “ball” in bread crumbs and place on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle crab cakes with chopped green onion, if desired, and serve immediately with Lemon-Yogurt Sauce.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped, pickled ginger to Lemon-Yogurt Sauce.
- Calories 300, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 830mg, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g, Protein 19g