Nifty Nacho Dinner
Recipe Yield: 6
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn or sweet corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Tortilla chips
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Remove from skillet; drain. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2-1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in refried beans, corn, 1 cup cheese and beef; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve in skillet with tortilla chips.