Mediterranean Vermicelli - Cooked Turkey
Recipe Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) PASTA RONI® Garlic and Olive Oil Vermicelli
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe or kalamata olive slices
- Crumbled Feta cheese (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil: 1 3/4 cups water and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, onion and oregano. Boil uncovered 6 minutes. Stir in turkey. Return to a boil. Continue cooking 2 to 4 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and olives. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes to