Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1-1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 14-1/2-ounce can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In large skillet, combine sausage and water. Cover; cook over medium heat 10 minutes. Pour off drippings.
- Add green pepper and onion; continue to cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in second large skillet, prepare Rice-A-Roni Mix as package directs, adding Italian seasoning with hot water, tomatoes and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Top rice with cooked sausage and vegetables. Continue to simmer 5 minutes.
- Calories 430, Total Fat 26g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 1450mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg