Mediterranean Cannellini Beans
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thin zucchini slices, cut in half
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Crumbled Feta cheese (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-pasta mix, 2 tablespoons of margarine, onion and garlic. Saute´ over medium heat until pasta is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, Special Seasonings and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 17 minutes. Stir in beans, zucchini and tomatoes;