Magnificent Salsa Meatball Hoagies
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 (24-ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 1 large egg
- 6 hoagie or French rolls, split in half
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large bowl, combine rice-vermicelli mix, Special Seasonings, ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa and egg. Shape meat mixture into 24 (1-1/2 inch) meatballs. Arrange in large skillet.
- Add 1-1/2 cups water and remaining salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until rice in meatballs is tender.
- Place 4 meatballs in each roll. Top with sauce and cheese, if desired.