Lemon Garlic Cooked Shrimp
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) RICE-A-RONI Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar snap peas or pea pods
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 12 ounces medium cooked shrimp
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup green onion slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in peas, carrots and garlic. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add shrimp, water chestnuts and green onion. Increase heat to medium; stir and toss gentl
Tips and Variations
- Substitute 3 cups frozen Asian vegetable blend for the peas, carrots, water chestnuts and green onions.