Hungarian-Style Pork Chops
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Broccoli Au Gratin
- 3-1/2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with 2-1/2 tablespoons margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2-1/4 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in green beans. Cover; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sour cream; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Push onion to edge of skillet.
- Add pork chops; sprinkle with paprika, garlic salt and cayenne pepper. Cook uncovered, 5 minutes, over medium heat. Turn pork chops over. Cover; cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until pork is no longer pink inside. Serve pork and onion over rice.