Home-Style Spring Shells with Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Shells & White Cheddar
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, turkey or ham
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (about 3-inch pieces) or frozen asparagus cuts, thawed
- 2/3 cup milk
- In large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt margarine. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 2 cups water. Bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Slowly stir in pasta. Boil, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes, or until most of water is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add turkey, asparagus, milk and Special Seasonings. Cook 2 to 4 more minutes or until pasta is tender and asparagus is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.