Hearty Turkey Cannellini Chili
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground turkey until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; drain. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2-1/4 cups water, tomatoes, Special Seasonings and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and turkey; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 7 more minutes or until rice is tender.