Harvest Apple Chicken and Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 medium apple, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes per side or until brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine until pasta is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 1-1/4 cups water, apple juice, apple, mushrooms, onion and cranberries; bring to a boil. Place chicken on rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and rice is tender. Let stan