Greek-Style Shrimp & Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata or ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix with margarine until pasta is golden brown. Add garlic and oregano; saute 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in 1-3/4 cups water, wine and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, tomato and olives. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.