Greek Skillet with Cooked Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) RICE-A-RONI Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 large plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted ripe or kalamata olive slices
- Crumbled Feta cheese or shredded Italian cheese blend (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, bell pepper, onion, garlic