Grandma's Pasta & Sausage
Recipe Yield: 2 1/2 cups prepared
- 1 package PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Tomato Parmesan
- 8 ounces Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- In large skillet, brown 8 oz. Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices, until fully cooked; drain.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 cups water, 3/4 cup milk and 1 Tbsp. margarine; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with fork, if needed. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1/2 cup each chopped green bell pepper and onion when stirring in pasta and Special Seasonings.