Glazed Pork & Rice
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, sliced 1-inch thick
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6.2-ounce package RICE-A-RONI® Fried Rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sliced pork; cook about 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Pour off drippings. In same skillet, combine orange marmalade, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon ginger, reserving 1/2 teaspoon ginger; mix well.
- Cook over high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Return cooked pork to skillet, turning to coat. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in second large skillet, prepare Rice-A-Roni Mix as package directs, sauteeing onion, celery and garlic with rice- vermicelli and reducing hot water to 1-3/4 cups. Add 1/2 teaspoon reserved ginger with hot water and contents of seasoning packet
- Top rice with pork and sauce.
- Calories 440, Calories from Fat 108, Total Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 725mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 30g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg