Garlic Chicken and Vermicelli
Recipe Yield: About 2 cups prepared
- 1 package PASTA RONI® Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli
- 1 pound uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup zucchini slices (optional)
- In large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. margarine over medium-high heat. Add 1 lb. uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces; cook and stir 5-6 min. or until no longer pink.
- Slowly add 1 3/4 cups water; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 8-10 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.
Tips and Variations
- Stir in 1/2 cup each red pepper strips and zucchini slices during last 3 min. of cooking.