Garden Skillet - Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips and stir-fried*
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen or drained canned corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons of margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, Special Seasonings and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in zucchini and corn. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender. Add cooked chicken; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with chopped basil, if desired.