French Rice Casserole
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 1 (32-ounce ) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 3 ounces brie cheese, cut in strips or chunks
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken and garlic with 2 tablespoons oil for 3 minutes or until chicken is brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, saute rice-pasta mix with remaining 2 tablespoons oil until golden brown.
- Add 2 cups water and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes
- Add Chicken, tomatoes, pine nuts and basil. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Toss with cheese just before serving.