Fire & Ice Brunch Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, salsa and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and green onions. Using large spoon, make four indentations in rice mixture. Break one egg into each indentation. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over eggs and rice. Cover; let stand 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.