Fiesta Pork Chops
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 well-trimmed pork chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 14-1/2-ounce can tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper or 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Evenly sprinkle both sides of pork chops with chili powder.
- In large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Drain; set aside.
- In same skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and margarine. Saute over medium heat, stirring frequently until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups water, contents of seasoning packet, tomatoes, green pepper and onion; bring to a boil.
- Place pork chops over rice mixture; return to a boil. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice and chops are tender.
- Calories 410, Calories from Fat 126, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 800mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 28g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg