Fajita Skillet Supper
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) undrained diced tomatoes
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In large skillet over medium heat, sauté rice-vermicelli mix with 2 Tbsp. margarine and onion until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 1 ¾ cups water, seasonings and 1 can (14.5 ounces) undrained diced tomatoes. Stir in chicken, bell pepper and garlic; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.