Easy Italian Skillet Dinner
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled or ground beef
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In large skillet, saute sausage, onion, bell pepper and garlic until sausage is well cooked. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, tomatoes, olives, oregano and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sausage mixture; serve.