Curried Chicken and Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken & Garlic Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup golden or dark raisins
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets
- Optional condiments: Mango chutney, toasted sliced almonds, chopped cilantro, plain yogurt
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown. Add curry powder, ginger and cayenne pepper; saute 15 seconds.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, chicken, carrots, raisins and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Serve with desired condiments.