Creamy Salmon Angel Hair Pasta - Canned Salmon
Recipe Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.8 ounces) PASTA RONI® Angel Hair with Herbs
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) salmon, drained, broken into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, bring just to a boil: 1 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, peas, onion and pepper. Separate pasta with fork,
- Sauce will be thin. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Let stand 3 to 5 to minutes to thicken.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and pearl onions for the peas and onion or 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetable blend with peas for the peas only.