Chowder - Cooked Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) PASTA RONI® Shells and White Cheddar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup small broccoli flowerets or frozen cut green beans
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, chicken broth and 2 tablespoons margarine; bring just to a boil.
- Slowly stir in pasta, carrots, onion and black pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Gently
- Stir in chicken, broccoli and Special Seasonings*. Return to a boil. Gently boil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shells are tender and broccoli is cooked. Serve immediately.