Chipotle Rice and Chicken Chili
Recipe Yield: 6 persons
- 1 (6.4 ounce) package Rice-A-Roni Mexican Style
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (15-ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- large canned chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Saute rice-pasta mix with margarine in large saucepan on medium heat, until pasta is golden brown.
- Add water, chicken, tomatoes, beans, chipotle pepper and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and top with sour cream.