Chicken Ole Pasta
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (4.9 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Sour Cream & Chive
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Optional Ingredients: chopped cilantro, crumbled tortilla chips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, garlic and chili powder; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, bring water, milk and margarine to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Boil uncovered 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken, green chiles and olives. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa. Sprinkle with cilantro and tortilla chips, if desired.