Chicken Noodle and Vegetable Soup
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 1 (13-3/4-ounce) can reduced-sodium or regular chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4.7-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Chicken & Broccoli Flavor with Linguine
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, melt margarine. Add chicken and onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1-1/2 cups water, mixed vegetables, broth, thyme and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Reduce heat to medium; boil 9 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.