Chicken Black Bean Paella
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 3 halves) or boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- In large skillet, sauté rice-pasta mix as the package directs.
- Stir in 2 cups water, chicken, onion, garlic, turmeric, hot pepper sauce and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in beans and peas. Cover; simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in tomato.