Chicken and Rice Mediterraneo
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI ® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Combine rice-vermicelli mix, 2 tablespoons magarine and garlic in large skillet. Saute over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown; add lemon juice with 2-1/4 cups water and contents of seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, broccoli and lemon peel. Cover; continue to simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Calories 370, Calories from Fat 108, Total Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 850mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 27g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg