Canton-Style Fried Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Fried Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked pork or ham, cut into short thin strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook without stirring, 2 minutes or until eggs are set. Loosen eggs from pan with spatula; slide onto plate. Cut egg mixture into short thin strips. Set aside; keep warm.
- In same skillet, prepare RICE-A-RONI as package directs, adding ginger with water and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, pork, mushrooms and onions. Cover; cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.