Cajun Pasta Supper
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces crumbled Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 4.6 ounce package PASTA RONI® Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning*
- * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme may be substituted.
- COOK and STIR sausage and bell pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is browned. Drain fat. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- ADD 1 1/2 cups water and tomatoes to same skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta, Special Seasonings packet, shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil, uncovered 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is tender and shrimp tur
- STIR sausage mixture back into skillet; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.