Beef and Broccoli Pepper Steak
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1 pound sirloin or top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 (6.8 ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add steak; saute 3 minutes or until just browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with remaining 2 tablespoons margarine until vermicelli is golden brown. Slowly stir in 2-1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in steak, broccoli, bell pepper and onion; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender.