Apricot Ginger Glazed Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine until pasta is golden brown. Slowly stir in 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli. Place chicken over rice; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- In small bowl, blend jam, mustard and ginger. Spoon 1 tablespoon glaze over each chicken breast and drizzle remaining glaze over rice. Cover; let stand 3 minutes before servings.