Angel Hair Carbonara with Cooked Ham
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or green onion slices
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, bring just to a boil: 1 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, carrots and onion. Separate pasta
- Sauce will be thin. Stir in ham and sour cream. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute 1 1/4 cups frozen peas and carrots for peas and chopped carrots. Stir in as directed for peas.