Angel Hair Carbonara
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (4.8-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs
- 2 cups chopped, cooked pork or ham
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas or 1 (16-ounce) can peas, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions or chopped onion
- In large saucepan, combine 1-1/3 cups water, milk and margarine. Bring just to a boil.
- Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Reduce heat to medium; boil uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pork, peas and green onions. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes or until pasta is tender. Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.